Word and PDF are the most popular file formats used today, but there’s no easy way to convert a PDF file to Word format.
There are many reasons why you’d want to convert a PDF file to Word, the main one being to create an editable version of an existing document. Whatever your reason, this guide explains how to convertidor de PDF to Word.
How to Convert PDF to Word in Windows
Whether you’re using a Windows PC or a Mac, we’ll show you a few ways to convert a PDF file into a Word document. The best method largely depends on the apps you’re most comfortable using such as Word, Google Docs or Adobe Acrobat, and your personal preference.
Convert a PDF File to Word Using Microsoft Word
You can convert a PDF file to Word within Microsoft Word. This method will automatically convert your PDF into a DOCX file where the PDF is mostly text.
Note: Once your PDF is converted, its formatting, which includes line and page breaks, may be different from the original file.
- Open a Word document, select File > Open, find the PDF file and select Open. This will open the PDF file within Word.
- You may get a prompt that says Word will now convert your PDF to an editable document. Select OK to continue.
- Word will convert the PDF file to an editable Word document so you can edit, copy, cut or format the text. Once you’re done, Word will automatically save the edited file as a DOCX file in the default location.
Convert a PDF File to Word Using Adobe Acrobat
It’s possible to convert a PDF to Word format in Adobe Acrobat but the feature is only available in premium versions of Adobe Acrobat.
- Open Adobe Acrobat DC, select the Open file, choose the PDF file and then select Open.
- In the left pane, select Export > Microsoft Word (*.docx).
- Select Convert.
- If prompted, log in to your Adobe account and your converted PDF file will open in Word.
Convert PDF to Word Using Google Docs
Google Docs has improved over the years with more sophisticated editing, formatting and markup features. You can use Google Docs to convert a PDF to Word and easily format text and paragraphs using its smart editing and styling tools.
- Open Google Docs and select the plus sign to open a Blank document.
- In the new Google Docs page, select File > Open.
- Select the Upload tab and then click Select a file from your device > Open.
- The document will open in a new tab. Select Open with > Google Docs to open the PDF as a Google Doc file.
- Select File > Make a copy.
- Select the location you’d like to save the converted document to and then select OK.
Convert a PDF File to Word Format Using CamScanner
If you want to convert a PDF file to Word and maintain the file’s original layout, you can use CamScanner PDF to Word converter. The online tool converts files in PDF to Word format and works with any web browser so you don’t have to install any program or download an app.
- Open CamScanner PDF to Word converter and select Files in PC/Mac to import your PDF file. You can also drag and drop the PDF file onto the CamScanner web page.
- Wait for the conversion to complete and then select Download to save the file.