When you adopt a child, you are taking all responsibility for the child which include emotional and financial. There are many different types of adoptions including stepparent, relative, agency, or non-agency adoption. Adoptions can be open where the birth parents keep in touch with the parents and get updates on the child, or it can be closed where all information is kept confidential.
Benefits of Adoption
- Love: Every child is entitled to a loving family for the entirety of life.When you choose to adopt, you are choosing to emotionally bond yourself with love to a child and them to you, which has positive effects for both. The parental relationship provided by adoption will allow a child to thrive. A birth parent may not have the ability to provide the love a child needs.
- Support:Every child needs support through their life as well. Supporting a child is more than physical needs. An adoptive parent provides a child with emotional support through all of life’s ups and downs.A child who is adopted is provided the ability to thrive in life.
- Resources:Children who are adopted typically do not have the right amount of resources in the current situation that they need. Birth parents will make a selfless decision to give up their child for adoption sometimes based on their lack of resources.As an adoptive parent, you are providing the child with financial resources and support. Birth parents usually are not financially capable of such needed provision and you are allowing for a lifestyle that every child should have.
- Education:A child also deserves that chance for a great education and an opportunity to reach whatever goal they set. Not only does adopting a child give them a chance at an education, but the financial security and support will push the child to accomplish more. Plus, it can provide the birth parents the opportunity to finish their education
- Social Relationships:Life in the Foster care system can be difficult for children to grow socially, especially if the child moves from home to home frequently. A child who remains in foster care is less likely to develop long term relationships.When you adopt, you give a child the ability to make stables relationships through a school setting or near their home. This will drastically help the child to make long term friendships which will positively impact the child.
- Opportunities:As for birth parents, putting a child up for adoption rather than other methods is saving a life. Not only does that child get to have opportunities, but you are allowing for those opportunities to be carried through by a better-equipped family.It also can provide opportunities for a birth parent as they may be able to attend school and acquire an education.
- Growth:Parents who adopt receive an experience that continues to grow in positive ways not only for themselves but for the child as well. A child has the ability to grow in a family where they will be loved, supported, and most of all wanted.
- Traditions:When an adopted child becomes a part of a family, parents can pass down traditions, spread culture and faith. Children should understand the heritage and family rites of passage. In an open adoption, the child can still have access to their birth family so they can learn where they came from as well as how they were raised.
- Gratitude:If a family adopts a child, they will have feelings of gratitude. People often find fulfillment from helping a child in need, especially those who are in seriously negative situations.The child will also have gratitude especially if they are rescued from their current situation.
- Experience:Raising a child is an overall amazing experience that any person should be able to enjoy. Adoption makes that possible for every individual who desires to be a parent.